A minor in African, Black and Caribbean Studies can make a major difference in your life and career.
Why Earn Your Minor in African, Black and Caribbean Studies?
The African, Black and Caribbean Studies minor in Adelphi’s College of Arts and Sciences helps you gain a better understanding of the experiences of people of African descent, while also enhancing employment opportunities in today’s increasingly diverse global marketplace.
Why Minor in African, Black and Caribbean Studies at Adelphi?
- Students have unique opportunities to conduct original research and to present their work at conferences and symposia.
- The minor emphasizes a broad and interdisciplinary range of scholarly perspectives and courses of study, including history, literature and the arts, social sciences, culture and society, and contemporary issues.
- The minor also provides opportunities for valuable internships.
95%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Students of African, Black and Caribbean Studies participate in internships and experiential learning opportunities in numerous fields, including:
- Advertising and Publicity
- Health Care for Minorities
- Multimedia Information
- Performing Arts
- Political Issues
- Religious Organizations
- Social Work
- Philanthropic Giving
To apply for this program, submit the appropriate application requirements:
Transformative Educational Opportunities
All undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for the following programs to expand their educational landscape: