Become a nurse leader, blending advanced nursing with business skills at a top-ranked nursing school.
Why Earn Your MA in Nursing Administration?
Nurse administrators are leaders who are visionaries, experts in a variety of skills including human resource management, budgeting, conflict resolution, staffing and recruitment. Nurse administrators also have a clear understanding of current healthcare policy and accreditation requirements. Roles for a nurse administrator can include charge nurse, nurse manager, nurse supervisor, clinical nurse leader, assistant director for nursing, director of nursing, administrative nurse consultant, chief nursing officer and other nursing executive roles.
Why Nursing Administration at Adelphi?
- Earn your degree in a blended program with a mix of online and on-campus courses that cater to working professionals with a flexible, part-time schedule.
- Learn critical skills in an integrated curriculum adapted to the changing landscape of healthcare.
- Benefit from small class sizes with easy accessibility to faculty and all campus resources.
- Cost-Saving Opportunity: Our new Graduate Merit Scholarship offers yearly awards ranging from $3,000 to $10,000. These can be renewed every year, so you can save substantially on tuition while earning a career-boosting Adelphi grad degree.
94%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Nursing administration students have two option to further their nursing education:
PhD in Nursing
Become a nurse-scholar and contribute to the development of the field, advancing healthcare through teaching, research and leadership.
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
Available to strengthen the administrative or clinical capability of master’s-prepared nurses who are planning on or are already involved in a role expansion or change.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe hands-on experience is key to setting our students up for future career success. This is why we ensure our nursing students have first-hand medical experience through internships and out-of-the-classroom opportunities. Our students have had the opportunity to enhance their education through out-of-classroom experiences at:
Template Guidance Example We offer our nursing students uniquely tailored clinical experiences by simulating the hospital setting in our newly opened 100,000-square-foot Nexus Building, with simulation labs, a smart-home healthcare system and telepresence robots.
Our state-of-the-art simulation lab provides our students with the highest-quality simulation technology in a safe learning environment so they receive the education, practice and exposure they need when applying for their first job.
Students have access to two simulation manikins:
- Victoria, our birthing manikin, simulates a live birth and is one of only two such manikins in the tristate area.
- Hal, our new state-of-the-art pediatric manikin, is the most advanced pediatric patient simulator in the United States—capable of simulating lifelike emotions through dynamic facial expressions, movement and speech.
This program accepts applicants for the fall term only. Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, a B or above in all science and nursing classes and should submit the following application requirements:
- Graduate application and $50 fee
- Two letters of recommendation, from master’s prepared nurses or above only, including credentials
- Current New York State RN license
- 500-word personal essay on your reasons for applying to the program
- All previous college transcripts, including final transcript documenting a bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited four-year institution