Hands-on learning with our group psychotherapy training certificate.
Why Earn Your Certificate in Group Psychotherapy at Adelphi?
This two-year postgraduate Group Psychotherapy training program consists of didactic and experiential course work, clinical supervision and personal group therapy.
Major schools of psychoanalytic group theory and technique are represented with an emphasis on the relational approach. Systems, cognitive, crisis-intervention and behavioral modalities are included in coursework and experiential learning.
Weekly Commitment for Group Psychotherapy Candidates
For the 2019-2020 semesters:
- 10:00 am – 4:00 pm didactic and experiential coursework (twice per-month)
- Leading a group psychotherapy
- Group supervision
- Individual supervision
- Personal group psychotherapy
94%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Applicants for this program and should submit the following:
- Online application form and $50 fee
- Two letters of recommendation from an academic or professional source
- Personal essay (500 words)
- All official college/university transcripts
All applicants will then be contacted for a personal interview.