Sarah Combs, one of the first students in our new five-year B.A./M.S. in Environmental Studies program, is heading to a remote corner of Minnesota to map the first settlements of the Ojibwe tribe.
Combine your passion for improving the environment with marketable, career-based skills in our flexible program.
Why Earn an MS in Environmental Studies?
A master’s in environmental studies will provide you with marketable job skills in fields such as environmental health and safety, environmental management and green energy. You can work in environmental law or education, pursue a teaching career or continue further studies in engineering or microbiology.
Why Earn Your MS in Environmental Studies at Adelphi?
- Expand your environmental career opportunities at a university known for its far-reaching commitment to sustainability.
- Benefit from small class sizes where you’ll build strong connections with faculty who are environmental leaders and well-known conservationists.
- Study on your schedule with work-friendly evening classes, full- or part-time enrollment options near Long Island’s famous shorelines, parks and green spaces for hands-on learning in our 33- credit program.
- Cost-Saving Opportunity: Our new Graduate Merit Scholarship offers yearly awards ranging from $3,000 to $10,000. These can be renewed every year, so you can save substantially on tuition while earning a career-boosting Adelphi grad degree.
94%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
We offer two concentrations to prepare you for the ever-changing job market:
Global Human Environment
Examines the complex biological and cultural interactions of human populations through time with their varied environmental and geographic contexts.
Global Physical Environment
Examines knowledge from the earth sciences, including geologic, hydrologic, climatic and diachronic aspects of Earth.
You can also choose from two optional specializations:
Focused on the necessary tools to understand and influence environmental decision-making related to business and economics in environmental fields.
Environment and Health
Explores the diverse fields of toxicology and ecotoxicology, disease ecology and epidemiology.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
At Adelphi, we believe strongly in the power of hands-on learning to prepare our graduates for rewarding careers. Our students have the opportunity to enrich their studies with invaluable opportunities to participate in extensive research here on the shores of Long Island or as far away as Australia or Alaska. Recent students have also held internships at organizations such as:
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies or a related field and should have completed some coursework in science, mathematics and social science. Applicants should submit the following:
- Graduate application and $50 fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal essay describing the applicant’s interest in the program, personal goals, and any circumstances related to the applicant’s prior academic record that may need explanation
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution