Hurricane Dorian's devastation of the Bahamas and the East Coast of the United States drives home how emergency management as a field of study and training is vital.
Prepare for an in-demand career managing the safety of our communities in this highly ranked cutting-edge program.
Why Earn an MS in Emergency Management?
Equip yourself for a career as a leader in emergency management, acquiring the skills and knowledge to evaluate, assess and research data to make critical decisions in disaster situations. People in emergency management are making a difference in homeland security, healthcare and environmental emergency management.
Why Earn Your MS in Emergency Management at Adelphi?
- Earn your degree from one of the most reputable masters degree programs in the emergency management field, led by a disaster epidemiologist who has been featured frequently in the New York Times, Newsweek and other news sources as an emergency management expert.
- Learn from emergency management practitioners who have first-hand experience and involvement in providing support during many of our nation’s worst disasters.
- Benefit from a completely online curriculum that is not only tailored to career disciplines but also gives you the flexibility to advance your education without disrupting your work-life.
94%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Emergency Management Advanced Certification
Our online Graduate Certificate in Emergency Management efficiently and effectively equips students with knowledge and skills that apply to every discipline and industry—in just one year — helping professionals achieve career goals that include moving into a senior management position or entering the emergency management profession from a related field. Our graduates not only immediately add value to their organization, but they also meet a critical societal need for trained professionals who can prepare for and respond to any emergency.
To apply for this program, submit the appropriate application requirements:
- Completed application
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Personal statement describing your interest in the program (500 words maximum)
- One letter of recommendation, from either a faculty member familiar with your academic work or an individual who can discuss your work or relevant experience
- Professional résumé
- $50 application fee
- A minimum TOEFL score of 80 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 for non-native speakers
Please note, international students in this program are not eligible for an F-1 visa.
Military personnel can apply G.I. Bill benefits and take advantage of the Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP), which allows soon-to-enlist or currently enlisted military personnel to enroll in and complete college courses while they continue their service commitments.