Be in demand for a cutting-edge career in the digital space—with track options in cybersecurity or software engineering.
Why Earn an MS in Computer Science?
With the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projecting employment rates for computer scientists to grow at a faster-than-average rate between now and 2028, earning your master’s degree will put you at the forefront of the rapidly growing information security, game development and software engineering fields. Open yourself up to a variety of career opportunities including as an information security specialist or consultant, a cybersecurity architect or engineer, a corporate or independent game developer, or a software developer.
Why Earn Your MS in Computer Science at Adelphi?
- Receive personalized attention from our expert faculty in a small classroom setting.
- This 30-credit program helps students build a solid basis in computer science with two different career-focused specializations—cybersecurity and software engineering.
- Be part of a community that places a high value on diversity, equity and inclusion, welcoming you to participate in many extracurricular student-led activities and clubs, internship possibilities and potential for on-campus employment.
- Cost-Saving Opportunity: Our new Graduate Merit Scholarship offers yearly awards ranging from $3,000 to $10,000. These can be renewed every year, so you can save substantially on tuition while earning a career-boosting Adelphi grad degree.
94%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Computer Science Concentrations
Students looking to earn their master’s in computer science must choose one of two specializations:
Learn how to protect digital assets by studying attacker methods and techniques and mitigation strategies.
Learn multiple program languages as you’re instructed in the research, design, development and testing of operating systems-level software.
Whether you are concentrating on cybersecurity or software engineering, all students studying computer science have access to a variety of state-of-the-art tools and equipment. Adelphi’s Cybersecurity Lab allows students to enhance their research skills on information security and protecting data through the use of up-to-the-minute tools.
Students concentrating on software engineering, specifically in game development, have access to innovative equipment—from high-end desktops to multiple virtual reality (VR) headsets such as Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, HTC Vive and the Microsoft HoloLens.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, a minimum 3.0 GPA and should submit the following application requirements:
- Graduate application and $50 fee
- Official college transcripts
- Final transcript stating bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- One letter of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Résumé or additional letter of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Personal essay
- Submission of a strong portfolio of completed technical work (academic or professional) is highly recommended and will contribute favorably to an admissions decision