Gain in-demand analytical skills allowing you to make an impact in tech, finance and other fields through mathematics.
Why Earn an MS in Applied Mathematics and Statistics?
Develop the quantitative skills needed to help you succeed in almost any career involving problem-solving. According to the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) and the American Statistical Association (ASA), jobs in this field are at an all-time high and likely to continue to grow over the next 10 years. It follows that a degree in applied mathematics and statistics will open the doors to a number of high-paying, rewarding careers in statistics, engineering, scientific computing, mathematical finance, operations research and management science.
Why Earn Your MS in Applied Mathematics and Statistics at Adelphi?
- Prepare for advanced careers in areas such as scientific computing, optimization and statistics.
- Enjoy one-to-one attention from distinguished faculty in small classes and lab settings in this 30-credit program that can be taken full time or part time.
- Apply your knowledge to real-world problems, with opportunities for interdisciplinary research and industry consulting.
- Cost-Saving Opportunity: Our new Graduate Merit Scholarship offers yearly awards ranging from $3,000 to $10,000. These can be renewed every year, so you can save substantially on tuition while earning a career-boosting Adelphi grad degree.
94%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Applied Mathematics and Statistics Concentrations
Students in the MS in Mathematics will have the opportunity to select a specialization in either applied mathematics or statistics:
The applied mathematics specialization will prepare students for careers in scientific computing and optimization.
The statistics specialization will prepare students to enter any field of statistics and will also give them the necessary background and experience to serve as a statistical consultant.
Exceptional Hands-On Learning
Conducting research can be one of the most exciting experiences in academia. Investigate original problems, while conducting research alongside your professors, with opportunities to create and present your research at Adelphi’s Annual Research and Creative Works Conference. Gain additional hand-on experience beyond the classroom by taking advantage of various internship opportunities at notable venues such as Brookhaven National Laboratory.
Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, or other closely related degree and should submit the following application requirements:
- Graduate application and $50 fee
- Official transcripts from all prior institutions and proof of bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution (in mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics, or a closely related and/or equivalent degree)
- One letter of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Résumé or an additional letter of recommendation
- Personal essay
Applicants may also supply a portfolio containing descriptions of completed project work. This is recommended, though not required.