Contemporary and classical theory with our psychoanalytic psychotherapy training.
Why Earn Your Certificate in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at Adelphi?
This one-year Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy training program offers an introduction to psychodynamic principles through the study of classical and contemporary psychoanalytic theory and technique.
The postgraduate program provides:
- A sound introduction to psychoanalytic concepts
- Supervision on clinical work
- Grounding for further training as a psychoanalyst
Weekly Commitment for Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy Candidates
- Two 90-minute seminars on Wednesday evenings at 6:00-9:15 pm
- A rotation among group supervision/processing/intake supervision on Wednesdays 5:00-6:00 pm
- Individual 45-minute supervision (scheduled at the candidate’s convenience)
- Providing psychotherapy to patients through the Postgraduate Psychotherapy Center or the candidate’s private practice (number of clinical hours are specific to each program)
- Personal psychotherapy/psychoanalysis (weekly frequency depends on the specific program)
94%** Adelphi University Career Outcomes Survey: Class of 2018
Applicants for this program and should submit the following:
- A doctorate or master’s degree in a mental health field
- Online application form and $50 fee
- Two letters of recommendation from an academic or professional source
- Personal essay (500 words)
- All official college/university transcripts
The applicant will be contacted for a personal interview.